Home CEO Academy is the social enterprise of The Adsila Retreat - a 501(c)(3) whose mission is to support visionary, action-oriented humanitarians who work to improve education, health and social justice. Through our team of women, Home CEO Academy creates preschool curriculum products and adult productivity courses for Chief Education Officers at home and in preschools. Through our partnership with The Adsila Retreat, 100% of the profits from our curriculum products are distributed to 20 humanitarian organizations (see list below).
Used nationwide and in now 70 countries (33 using the full year program), the mission of Home CEO Academy's preschool homeschool programs is to help children become confident, caring people, prepared for kindergarten both academically and emotionally and to help parent teachers feel organized, confident and successful implementing their home education with their children in the early years, which are the most crucial for brain development.
Our products are designed to simplify the homeschooling or preschool planning process and make preschool fun and educational for both teachers, parents and children alike. For homeschool families, our products completely organize the preschool homeschooling process for parent teachers by providing easy to follow lesson plans and supporting materials that are simple and straightforward. Our classroom decor and organizational elements tie the whole preschool environment together and therefore are perfect for new homeschools.
Our products rely on some outside material, such as books and basic art supplies. There are optional Montessori elements in the Age 2-3 curriculum that require some Montessori resources. However, many of these materials, should you choose to implement this portion, can be made DIY.
We create our lesson plans with relative ease in mind and most items can be found at your local library or are already in your home.
All Profits to Charity
Home CEO, Inc. is a social enterprise of the Adsila Retreat and through our 501(c)(3) nonprofit arm, we distribute 100% of profits to 20 humanitarian organizations (see list below). Since our inception, we've supported 39, but have revised our list to better focus on 20 organizations.
These organizations we support include the following. As a disclaimer, Home CEO is not affiliated with these organizations in any way (except for The Adsila Retreat, Inc., which was founded by Home CEO founder, Maraya Pearson) but they are simply organizations whose missions we personally admire and simply want to encourage with a vote of "keep up the good work!" through our monthly giving.
Organizations We Support - 2017
We have revised our list to 20 supported organizations who are: 501(c)(3) nonprofit humanitarian organizations, have principled visionary leaders, strong organizational administration, and a track record of delivering services.
WOMEN & CHILDREN
- Girls Educational and Mentoring Services (GEMS) (Absolutely superb visionary and action-oriented organization that works to stop human trafficking and help survivors become leaders and thrivers)
- Caterina’s Club (Fabulous organization, started by a kind-hearted chef, that works to aleviate hunger and homelessness among the working poor in California)
- East Africa Playgrounds (Build playgrounds to bring joy to children and teachers in East Africa)
- No Kid Hungry / Share Our Strength (Wonderful organization whose leaders started it in response to wanting to "do something" to cast their vote for "no!" for hunger everywhere when they heard about the 1984 famine in Ethiopia. This organization focuses on the US and it's mission is to stop hunger and its devastating effects on school performance in children in the United States, which is still a real problem but often goes unnoticed).
- Wigs for Kids (Wonderful organization started by a hairstylist in response to needs, this organization provides free wigs for children undergoing chemotherapy, designed to withstand the rigors of children's recreational activities without slipping and embarrasing a child).
- For The Girls International (Provides a forum for encouraging and empower women through teaching, fellowship and networking)
- Sala Monkey Primary School (Amazing primary school in rural Cambodia, run by disciplined, dedicated and determined leaders who have a spirit of excellence and growth).
- Bonyo's Kenya Mission (Started by a courageous and inspirational Kenyan doctor who determined as a child to become a doctor and start a hospital after his beloved sister died as a child, due to lack of medical facilities in his rural community, his organization supports medical needs in rural Kenya).
- Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (Large, well-known and well-led French organization which provides medical services in war-torn, disaster-stricken areas).
- Community Foundation of Flint Michigan (Provides a fund to be used to support health programs for the children and families impacted by lead poisoning in Flint Michigan)
EDUCATION AND EMPATHY EDUCATION
- Collaborative for Academic and Social and Emotional Learning / CASEL (Led by some of the best thinkers in education in America today, this organization seeks to increases educational standards in the United States and advocate for the importance of social and emotional learning components within educational systems and school standards).
- Kappa Kappa Gamma (Supports character and leadership development in young collegiate women)
- STARS Family Services (Provides holistic housing, educational and recreational services to those of all ages with intellectual disabilities)
- New York State Arc - Saratoga Bridges Chapter (The largest nonprofit in the US serving people with intellectual, developmental and other disabilities - Saratoga, New York chapter).
SOCIAL JUSTICE & ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT
- Afribiz Foundation (Founded by intelligent, insighful leaders who care first and foremost about the people of Africa, this truly stellar visionary and action-oriented organization educates, mentors and supports local entrepreneurs in Africa to promote economic self-sufficiency)
- Women's Bakery (Supports economic self-sufficiency and women's empowerment in Africa)
- World Relief Dupage/Aurora (Provides support and compassion for refugees)
- Network Education Program (A group of socially-conscious, kind-hearted nuns that supports the causes of the poor in the United States)
- Dream Center NYC (Through outreach programs, provides meals and help to elderly residents of New York City, often living alone).
HUMANITARIAN EFFECTIVENESS AND COLLABORATION
- Charter for Compassion (Supports interfaith harmony and cooperation through humanitarian projects and their belief in the universally understood common ground concept of "the golden rule: doing unto others as we would have done to us")
- The Adsila Retreat Building Campaign (Seeks to Support humanitarian collaboration through free retreat space and operating grants for visionary, action-oriented humanitarian nonprofits. If you'd like to donate to this cause, click the button below).
As of April 2017, with a huge thanks to our customers, Home CEO Academy donated over $70,000 since our inception to over 30 organizations and people in need, including three scholarships to students with high potential.
Do you have questions? We'd be glad to help! Email us at [email protected] or call us at 877-853-1552.